Filter by Category
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Certification Training
with Woodfords Family Services
Our communities are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in a child’s life.
Children’s behavioral health services are vital to Maine’s children with intellectual disabilities, autism, and mental health disorders and their families. And the need in our area is great! As an integral part of the child’s treatment team, a Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) has the opportunity to make an immediate impact while helping a child grow and develop to their full potential.
We are excited to connect our communities with Woodfords Family Services for this wonderful ONLINE training program. The online training will equip you to successfully help children who are currently on a waitlist for services. The training will prepare you for employment through local social services agencies. The program can be started at any time and finished at your own pace. Call MCST Adult Ed at 596-7752 x.3 to enroll or for more info.
- You will complete 12 online modules then two 4-hour live sessions.
- Once the modules are completed, you will receive free online bloodborne pathogen training and virtual First Aid & CPR training if you do not already possess those certifications.
- The entire training requirements will take about 45 hours.
- Assistance with job placement is provided to anyone who completes the program.
- Assistance with technology may be available.
- A high school diploma or equivalency. Proof of education is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon completion of the course.
- An administration fee of $25 is required at registration.
- A reading comprehension assessment is required prior to completing the application, administered through your local Maine Adult Education program. This requirement may be waived by showing successful completion of a college-level English course.